Jul 10, 2020
Welcome to Episode 77.
In this episode, I, David Oliver Kling, will be talking about
what is a chaplain? I have been working as a full-time
hospice chaplain since December of 2013 and prior to my work in
hospice, I completed 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education as a
chaplain resident at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, West
What is a Chaplain?
- Good advice for anyone interested in chaplaincy would be to
suspend your sectarianism.
- Does being a Chaplain mean I'll have to do things I don't want
- Chaplaincy brings up all of our personal issues and creates its
- Do Chaplains reject academic insight and knowledge?
- A Chaplain is someone who reflects theologically and who uses
their theological reflection to inform and empower their care for
- How does a Chaplain do an assessment?
Streams: The Premier ISM Magazine.
This podcast is hosted by
David Oliver Kling and is produced by the Community of Saint
George (a Young Rite jurisdiction).